- Circle founder Jeremy Allaire told Insider that bitcoin’s price will eventually hit $1 million.
- He also discussed SEC regulation of stablecoins and Circle’s ongoing SPAC listing process.
- Here are the 10 best quotes from Allaire’s exclusive interview with Insider.
Circle founder and chief executive Jeremy Allaire discussed stablecoins, SPACs, and the SEC in a recent interview with Insider. He also made a bullish long-term prediction that bitcoin will eventually surpass gold in market capitalization and hit a price of $1 million.
After founding the software company Allaire Corp. in 1995 and the online video platform Brightcove in 2004, Allaire moved into crypto with the launch of Circle in 2013. The digital payments company offered an early bitcoin wallet and issues the dollar-pegged USDC.
Here are the 10 best quotes from Allaire’s interview, lightly edited and condensed for clarity:
- “I can vividly remember when the first graphical web browser came out on the internet in September 1993. That’s when I decided to commit my life to the internet. I had the same sort of feeling when I did my first bitcoin transaction. My reaction was, ‘Holy shit, this could change everything’.”
- “There are real similarities between right now and where the internet was in 1999… but this is going to make the web look like small potatoes. The web co-ordinates information and data, but crypto revolutionizes the whole economic system.”
- “I’m not a ‘bitcoin maximalist’, but if you’re looking for a price prediction, I think my own view is that we’ll absolutely see a million-dollar bitcoin over time.”
- “I consume a lot of information. I don’t usually read books about crypto because they’re normally out of date by the time they’re published. I rely on social media to find and access information. There’s dramatically more information than I can keep up with. I’m meant to be an expert in this field, but in reality I probably understand about half-a-percent of it – the area is expanding so fast.”
- “I’ve gone through two IPOs before. Circle’s really different to those. I feel like I’m in a really different place in terms of how I relate to the public market, and I’m definitely wiser and more mature.”
- “I don’t intend to step away after the SPAC listing, I’m very focussed on Circle in the long-term. This is a 20-year journey, so we’re only just getting started.”
This content was originally published here.